Call us directly for bookings of 6 or more people from the same household
Why Our Pub Is Great
The Hole in the Wall has the warm, friendly and inviting atmosphere you want from your local pub. Our fantastic team are always on hand to make sure you have a relaxed and enjoyable time with us, any day or night of the week.
Join us for a casual evening drink out with your other half as you settle into the cosy chairs in the bar. We have a range of chilled lagers available on tap as well as a choice of guest ales available for all the ale connoisseurs. Or treat yourself to a glass of wine, cider or a drink from our wide range of soft drinks.
What’s more, if you fancy doing something to chill-out and bring out your competitive side, head on over for our Thursday night quizzes! Test your general knowledge amongst friends and neighbours to see who comes out on top in the questions of the week.
And if you fancy a singsong or a bit of dinner with a show, join us on Tuesday or Sunday evenings when we have live music acts to entertain you all night long.
Safety is our Priority
Caring for our People Makes Sense
- Looking after our teams means they can look after you.
- This starts with providing our already fantastic teams with additional training to follow safe COVID-19 working procedures and regulations.
- Each day team members will complete a health screening questionnaire to confirm they are in good health prior to beginning work.
- We ask that you do your bit and respect our teams and any requests they have. It’s all with your safety in mind.
Keeping Social, whilst Social Distancing Makes Sense
Look out for additional signage in pub to establish safe, social distancing
This might include:
- Highlighting where and how you order at the bar
- Removing some tables to ensure comfortable social distancing can be maintained
- Managing capacity, meaning you may be asked to queue outside
Caring for you, your friends and family Makes Sense
- Hand sanitiser is available to use at every entrance for your peace of mind.
- Once inside we’re taking as many steps as possible to reduce contact
- Our menus will be used only once and are fully recyclable once you’ve finished with it
About our Food
When it comes to tasty food for all to enjoy we've got you covered!
We offer seasonal menus with vibrant, refreshing summer salads to enjoy on hot summer’s days, or comforting, warm dishes to keep out the cold weather.
Regular favourites such as burgers, steaks and fish and chips are available all year round. For the kids, our ‘Little Monsters’ menu has plenty on offer to tempt even the fussiest of young eaters.
If you enjoy a roast at the weekend, check out our Sunday lunch menu with a choice of meats with roast potatoes and all the trimmings. For those who like their food a bit spicy, our regular curry nights every week are a must.View our Menus
Our Pub Facilities
We welcome all of our customers to share their feedback. Why not click on the button below to share a review on Trip Advisor.
We would love to hear your feedback. Please click on the button below if you would like to get in touch with our team here at Marston's.
Hole in the Wall, High Petergate, York, YO1 7EH